Thursday 10 September 2009

MEM

working on an autobiography-style memory for english class.

My heart beat fast against my ribs as I looked out the window. Thick black smoke blanketed the sky; its stench hot in my nose, and its danger dizzying my mind. I closed my eyes and remembered. Relived the beautiful memories that I prayed, prayed with all my heavy heart would not be broken tonight. My mind felt like a movie. Snippets of my lifetime replayed throughout my mind, from stupid things like that time we found the hedgehog in the garden, to moments that I knew I would never forget. Tears pricked at my eyes but I kept them firmly shut. The stairs pounded behind me as I heard dad call my name. His voice was soft, oblivious. I listened to his footsteps warily tread the floor.
“Molly.” He called, and I felt his hand reach out for my shoulder.
“Dad!” I whispered, my voice enveloped in terror. “Look outside.”

GREECE FOREST FIRES 2007 = SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment